Looking for a list of diverse books? You’re in the right spot! Little Free Library’s Diverse Books Advisory Group and others put together lists of multicultural and inclusive books for all age levels—think of the lists below like a diverse book finder! Each list contains recommendations for all age levels. Whether you’re trying to find diverse books for kids, teens, or adults, you’ll find options below. These recommended reading lists are part of our Read in Color® diverse books program. Have you taken the Read in Color pledge yet?
We welcome your suggestions for diverse books, and we look forward to adding more books and categories in the future. For additional sites that highlight diverse books, check out this excellent resource list from our friends at We Need Diverse Books™.
Diverse Books Advisory Group
- Hadeal Salamah, Hijabi Librarians
- Carolyn Anderson, Birchbark Books
- Tameka Fryer Brown, Author and Brown Bookshelf contributor
- Roxane Gay, Author and LFL Steward
- Sarah Kamya, Little Free Diverse Libraries and LFL Steward
- Sarah Rafael García, LibroMobile and LFL Steward
- Grace Lin, Author and LFL Steward
- Heidi Rabinowitz, Association of Jewish Libraries, Past President
- Debbie Reese, American Indians in Children’s Literature
- Caroline Richmond, We Need Diverse Books
- Cynthia Leitich Smith, Author-Curator of the Heartdrum imprint at HarperCollins Children’s Books
- Rebekah Taussig, Author and Disability Advocate
- Little Free Library Board: Anita Merina, NEA Read Across America, Retired; Kenneth Kunz, Monmouth University; Marisa Creary, Heart of America Foundation