A Build Event enables teams of 4-8 to assemble their own Little Free Library book-sharing box in 1-2 hours, depending on the program options. Once the libraries are assembled, Little Free Library will work to install them in your community, giving your event a lasting impact by increasing book access locally for years to come.
For your event, Little Free Library identifies placement opportunities for the completed libraries, secures volunteer stewards, curates content, manages logistics, and connects installations to our larger network.
Benefits of a Build Event
Allowing your organization to focus on the strategic aspects of your event instead of its logistics, our builds provide:
- A turnkey solution with community goodwill. We’ll work with your team to coordinate all aspects of the build, including tools, guidance, and placing the libraries locally afterward.
- Flexible sizing. Builds are easily configured to groups of as few as four people or more than 100 people.
- Easy participation for all. Building experience not required!
- Public relations and branding opportunities. Library installations often provide media opportunities, and the libraries themselves can promote your company’s logo and mission to users and passersby.
Options for your Build Event
A Little Free Library Build Event can be configured to match your organization’s needs! Consider the following questions:
- How large will the event be? The number of teams, size of each team, and duration of the build event are all flexible.
- Will this be a one-time event or ongoing engagement? You could do just the build event and let us handle placement, or your organization could provide ongoing support by “adopting” some or all of the libraries, running book drives to keep them stocked, and more.
- Would you like any organizational branding on the libraries? Options include adding your logo, selecting branded colors, or adding a custom plaque identifying your organization as the sponsor.
Who We Are
Little Free Library® (LFL) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that builds community, inspires readers and expands book access for all through a global network of volunteer-led Little Free Libraries.
There are more than 150,000 registered Little Free Library book-sharing boxes worldwide in all 50 states, 120 countries and seven continents. Through them, over 300 million books have been shared since 2009.
LFL received the 2020 World Literacy Award as well as honors from the Library of Congress, National Book Foundation and others. The organization grants Little Free Libraries full of books to underserved areas through its Impact Library Program and champions diverse books through its Read in Color initiative.
45% of our nation’s children live in neighborhoods that lack public libraries and stores that sell books, or in homes where books are an unaffordable luxury. (Randi Weingarten, 2015) The most successful way to improve the reading achievement of low-income children is to increase their access to books.
You can help! Let’s work together. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.