The New Hip Hello
The new hip hello is “Whatcha Readin?” says Little Free Library Executive Director Todd Bol. “By saying, ‘Hi, whatcha readin?’ it starts a conversation about books and the value of books in the lives of avid readers,” Bol says. Whatcha Readin? is the brainchild of Bol and Dave Finkle – a television producer and screenwriter currently at work on the show New Girl with Zooey Deschanel. The pair already have celebrities, television shows, magazines and more on board to support the project.
Join The YouTube Video Challenge
- Create a 1-3 minute video featuring the Whatcha Readin? phrase or logo at least once
- Deadline to participate is December 30, 2015.
- Upload the video to YouTube and tag it #whatchareadin and #visitthelibrary
- Use this simple online form to submit your video so that we can post it on our Whatcha Readin Pinterest board
- If you’re one of the first to submit a video, you may be featured on our website and social media!
- Spread the word; share your video on your personal Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. Tell all of your friends, family and neighbors to check out your video and start saying Whatcha Readin?
- All participants will receive a special Whatcha Readin goody bag and Certificate of Recognition (see complete rules below).
- Winners will also be randomly chosen to win extra Little Free Library swag or a donated Little Free Library for their chosen location. See the bottom of the page for rules and more information on the contest
We highly encourage you to use the logos available for FREE download below. To download, click on the image of the logo, then right-click and choose Save Image:
The goal is to engage friends, neighbors and communities in a grassroots effort to get everyone, but especially kids, saying Whatcha Readin? We hope to see a lively discussion around books become part of your everyday routine.
If you need some inspiration, check out the fantastic video above. You can watch all the videos submitted so far on the Whatcha Readin’ Pinterest board.
You can still support Little Free Library and Whatcha Readin? by making a donation
Whatcha Readin? Downloadable Logos
The Fine Print
All participant videos that meet the criteria listed above will be displayed on Pinterest, will be eligible for prizes and may be featured on our website and social media. We reserve the right to disqualify videos if they do not meet the given criteria or are deemed inappropriate for the contest by LFL staff. Videos may be submitted on an ongoing basis; there is no deadline for participation at this time. Participants may submit as many videos as they choose. By submitting a video, you understand that it will be made available to the public and grant Little Free Library, Ltd. the right to display the video at our discretion. All valid participants located in the U.S. or Canada will receive a Whatcha Readin? goody bag and Certificate of Recognition. Selected participants will be randomly chosen to win extra Little Free Library swag or a donated Little Library. Winners will be notified via email.