100,000th Little Free Library Celebration
We recently unveiled the 100,000th Little Free Library book-sharing box (pictured here)! It was granted to the Association for the Advancement of Mexican Americans in Houston, Texas.
To celebrate this milestone, we are granting an additional 100 libraries to schools, community centers, and other individuals and organizations that will create greater book access for children in the U.S. and Canada.
It’s our hope that these 100 Little Free Library book-sharing boxes—made possible by our Impact Library Program—will improve book access, inspire young readers, and help build community. Please share this opportunity with others who may be interested in applying!
This is a limited-time opportunity. The application will close on April 11 so apply now!
Who Can Apply to Receive a Library?
- Applicants must reside within the United States or Canada.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Applicants must have regular access to the library’s location.
- Both individuals and organizations may apply; there must be a primary contact person identified when the application is submitted.
- All applicants must demonstrate how, if granted a library, it will primarily serve children and young adults.
- If the applicant does not own the property where the library will be placed, permission must be obtained before submitting an application.
What Is Included in the Library Package?
- A pre-built Little Free Library book-sharing box
- A charter sign engraved with a charter number
- A steward’s packet of resources to help you succeed as a volunteer steward
- A starter collection of children’s books
- A library post with topper for easy installation
- Paid shipping costs
Are There Expectations of Recipients?
Recipients are expected to:
- Add their library to the world map.
- Install the library within 30 days of receipt.
- Place the library in a location that is reasonably accessible to the public.
- Keep the library in good condition and filled with books for a minimum of one year.
- Produce at least one community activity in the first year of service, such as holding a story hour for kids or a book-centered gathering for your neighbors.
- Respond to requests from local media if contacted. Little Free Library will notify local media outlets (print, broadcast and online) that you are a recipient.
- Gather feedback from library visitors and share that feedback, along with library stories and photos, with Little Free Library upon request.
Apply for a Library
This form is no longer available because the entry period has ended.
Thank you to Houghton Mifflin Harcourt for providing books for the 100,000th Little Free Library Celebration Giveaway!