The Little Free Library Festival 2016
The first-ever Little Free Library Festival was a sunny, magical afternoon spent celebrating the joys of reading and sharing books. Couldn’t be there? Here are some of the highlights:
- Thanks to a generous donation from Penguin Random House, we gave away thousands of books as part of a giant book swap.
- The Minneapolis Police, along with dozens of amazing volunteers, built 100 Little Free Libraries to be donated to communities in need.
- With the help of our friends at Freewheel Bike, over 80 tutu-wearers crossed the finish line on bikes, carts and wagons as part of our Tutus-on-Wheels Fundraiser.
- Dozens of pups dressed in literary costumes paraded around the park, and therapy dogs hung out in the shade while volunteers read stories to them.
- Key Festival supporters like The Minneapolis Star Tribune, Whole Foods and Coffee House Press provided displays and free giveaways in our special Festival sponsor alley.
Click on the image below to watch a highlight reel featuring some of our favorite moments!
If you couldn’t attend, we hope you were there in spirit or following along on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram at #LFLFestival (we shared a bunch of awesome live videos!). We plan to do it again next year!